The Versatile Blogger Award
Posted on December 14, 2011 | By Stacy Dymalski | 34 responses
Just in case you missed the sky-writer I hired to spread the word, last Friday I received the Versatile Blogger Award from the always-entertaining blog, Shoes on the Wrong Feet (which I’m proud to say I follow). The ironic thing about winning this award is that until recently I’d been a blogger on the higher education websites Careers & Classes and Yellow Brick Road since summer of 2010, and as such I received about as much attention for those blogs as a runny nose in a kindergarten classroom.
So after both higher ed blogs were politely “put on hold” (translation: “buh-bye”), I decided to start my own humorous blog (this one) about raising kids, a feat not unlike shoving a boulder uphill with your nose while your hands are tied behind your back. In short order my blog has caught on with a select group of like-minded and extremely intelligent people with handles like Mommy Needs a Pinot and My Adventures in Chaos. Who knew that writing about potty training songs and using my property tax notice as a baby wipe would get me noticed?
I couldn’t be prouder.
With Great Honor Comes Great Responsibility
The spirit of the Versatile Blogger Award is to not only become better known as a blogger, but to also give props to other bloggers that I find interesting. So to get the party started, here is what any recipient of the Versatile Blogger Award must do:
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination
- Add the Versatile Blog Award picture on your blog post
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
Seven random things about myself that could explain why I’ve never liked ice cream (oops, okay I guess that’s eight)
- When wearing long sleeves, I can’t stand to have a wet shirtsleeve touch my wrist. It’s just plain creepy, people. Trust me.
- This year I won the Toastmasters Humorous Speech Contest all the way up to the Division level. You can see my award winning speech entitled Mom Jeans on YouTube.
- I love haunted houses and scary movies, a trait my younger son inherited. So when I’m old and in a home I fully expect him to bring me the remastered edition of Halloween 362.
- Celia Rivenbark, a humor writer and columnist out of North Carolina, is one of my favorite authors. I rank her up there with David Sedaris and Dave Barry. If you love humorous writing check out her author page on Amazon.
- I’m a classically trained pianist. I started taking piano lessons when I was five and continued through college.
- I’ve been an improv comic in two different professional comedy troupes: The Faultline Players in San Diego and Off the Top Comedy in Park City.
- I used to speak French fluently, but now I only embarrass myself when I try to bumble my way through the language. However, I still understand it really well, so don’t think you can talk about me in French while I’m standing right there.
15 Bloggers on Which I Bestow the Versatile Blogger Award
You Like Me…You Really Like Me!
And finally a very heartfelt thank you to Shoes on the Wrong Feet for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award. I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog, as I can tell from reading yours that you have your hands full with your own brood. Hopefully my “insightful” (i.e. “silly”) musings brighten your day.
And to the rest of you…if you are new to reading this blog, don’t be afraid to follow it. If you like funny stuff, stick around. I promise I’ll make you laugh—whether I mean to or not.
If you like Stacy’s writing be sure to buy her latest book of comedy riffs Confessions of a Band Geek Mom, available on Amazon.com. Makes a great holiday gift for anyone who loves to laugh at another person’s expense. (I mean, come on, don’t we all?)
Photo of Stacy Dymalski courtesy of Amy Chin. Thanks, Amy!